You recently completed your project and done with presentation while summer is round the corner so why no apply for work at these companies 😉 I will update new opportunities each Friday from this time onwards. If job or internship is not suitable for you then you will atleast know which tools they use 😉 Here are list of few opportunities for you …
1. Internships at Philippe Malouin Studio
London-based designer Philippe Malouin is looking for interns.
We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious people to work with us on a range of projects including furniture, product, installations and interior architecture.
Requirements for interns include:
- confident in Mac OS and Windows
- confident in Adobe CS, 2d CAD software (Autocad) and 3d CAD software (Solidworks)
- strong visual communication skills
- good spoken and written English
We are currently inviting applications for two internship positions with us:
- an architectural assistant, to work on interior and installation projects. Essential skills include knowledge of Autocad, project/contractor management and site work
- a design sssistant, to work on product & furniture development. Essential skills include proficiency in model making & workshop, strong visual communication and knowledge of Solidworks
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Lighting design internship at DHA Design
Lighting consultancy firm DHA Design is seeking a summer intern.
Lighting design internship
DHA Design are an independent lighting consultancy based in London. We are interested in taking on an intern for a three month period this summer.
You will be required to use ACAD LT and Excel on a daily basis to assist with the documentation of our prestigious architectural lighting design projects. Please send your CV, cover letter and brief portfolio email@example.com
Application deadline: 1 June 2013
3. Industrial design internships at Foster + Partners
Architecture firm Foster + Partners is offering industrial design internships at its London practice.
Industrial design internship
Industrial designers – London (IDL0513)
We are recruiting ambitious and talented product and furniture designers to join our studio to work on an outstanding portfolio of projects.
The positions will be offered on a six month paid internship basis.
- be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of mass produced products, as well as interiors and specialist site specific elements
- have previous experience working in the field of furniture, product and interior design, and have the ability to construct sketch models to a high presentation standard
- have good design awareness, excellent CAD skills and a willingness to learn as part of a team
Solidworks and 3D studio max modelling/rendering skills are essential.
To apply please send a covering letter, CV and examples of your work stating the reference number IDL0513 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foster + Partners is an equal opportunities employer
4. Internships at HENN StudioB
Design and research studio HENN StudioB is offering internships at both its Berlin and Beijing offices.
Berlin, Germany and Beijing, China
For a number of new competitions HENN StudioB currently seeks talented and motivated colleagues in our Berlin and Beijing offices. We are looking for candidates with advanced skills in computational design. We expect that you are enthusiastic, resourceful and creative. Furthermore, you must be able to transform conceptual thinking into a strong and consistent architectural vocabulary. Applicants should be fluent in English, with strong AutoCAD, Maya/Rhino and Adobe Suite skills. Scripting experience is preferred. Internship duration is minimum three months and will be paid.
To apply, please send your personal data and CV to email@example.com. Please format all materials in a single PDF file with a maximum size of 6MB.
Application deadline: immediate
5. Architect at Fabio Novembre
Architecture practice Fabio Novembre is currently seeking an architect to work in Milan, Italy.
We are looking for a talented assistant architectural interior designer, or architect with a demonstrable interest in interiors.
Candidates must have three/four years of work experience, be creative, dedicated and technically competent designers with an understanding of high quality interior specification.
Your role will involve design work such as space planning and concept development, and technical work. You must be a team player and possess good time management skills to meet multiple deadlines.
You will need to be a fluent AutoCAD and Rhinoceros user who can work accurately and quickly to tight deadlines. You will also be required to prepare presentations of professional quality using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- a recognised degree qualification in interior architectural design and/or architecture
- minimum three/four years of work experience
- creatively conceptually strong with an enthusiasm for construction detail
- fluent spoken and written English and Italian
- management of tight deadlines
- strong oral communication skills/ability to communicate with clients
- good knowledge of Italian design history
- available to work in the timetable established and if required even more
- excellent AutoCad, Rhinoceros, Vray and Photshop skills are essential
- advanced in 3ds Max and InDesign
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Applications should be made by way of CV and covering letter, along with examples from your portfolio and salary expectations, and must be able to start immediately. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Salary dependant on experience, initial three month position which could lead to a permanent role.
Files should be no bigger than 6MB.
6. Design internship at Ralston & Bau
Ralston & Bau is offering a six month design internship at their multi-disciplinary studio in Norway.
Dale i Sunnfjord, Norway
Ralston & Bau is a design studio working on international projects ranging from product, furniture, graphic and interior design from their base Transplant in Dale i Sunnfjord, Norway.
As an intern you participate in the whole life of the studio that includes an innovative material library and model workshop. Designers who like to work with their hands are encouraged to apply, since interns are especially engaged in model making.
Two positions of six months to one year are open to master level students in design or post-graduates.
Send your CV, portfolio and covering letter marked with the position you are applying for to Dana Brauer at email@example.com
Application deadline: 01/06/2013