Hi everyone! So today i am going to share with you some great internship opportunities to take or apply in advance so that you start your spring or summer placement right in time just before you finish your final projects 😉 These internship opportunities in design field can be found in startups or established business to jumpstart your career with right set of practical skills to be offered full time jobs later on.
1. 12 Month Internship – Retail IT Design and Build
We are looking for an Intern within our Retail IT Design and Build team for a 12 placement starting in September 2014. TheRetail IT intern will assist with the design of globally scalable cutting edge global retail solutions while under the guidance of theRetail IT Director. You will engage with 3rd parties, manage proof of concepts and evaluate new technologies in the Retail Lab. For more details do visit Burberry career website
- Job TypeFull Time
2. Internship at Innermost
Innermost is an international contemporary design brand, working from offices in London and Hong Kong. Collaborating with many established designers from across the globe as well as designing in-house, Innermost produces innovative and beautiful lighting and furniture for both the contract and residential markets.
Innermost is looking for a motivated sales intern to support our European sales team with a main focus on the French market.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- processing European orders for customers/agents/distributors
- answering customer enquiries by phone and email regarding sales and products
- providing after sales customer service support and quality control
Skills and expertise:
- experience in customer service
- excellent written communication, particularly for a sales audience
- passion and enthusiasm for the design industry
- strong sense of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- high level of computer proficiency
Must be fluent in French and English, a third language would be advantageous
Position to be filled with immediate effect. This is a paid internship.
If you feel you are suitable please send your CV and a cover letter to include why you would like to work at Innermost to email@example.com ‘Application for European Sales Intern’ as the subject.
3. Internships at Bureau de Change
Bureau de Change is looking for talented designers for a number of projects in the UK and abroad.
Applicants should be highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent CAD, Creative Suite and 3D modelling skills. Knowledge of AutoCAD and Rhino are preferred.
This internship is paid.
To apply for a position please send a soft copy of your CV, examples of your work and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: March 2014
4. Architecture internship at Nicolas Laisné Associés
Nicolas Laisné Associés is offering a paid architecture internship in Paris, France.
Nicolas Laisné Associés is a young office based in Montreuil district, Paris, Fance. Our office is international and multi-cultural. We value people with creative thinking, passion and teamwork. Our work focused on delivering high quality design, bespoke, and considered material’s sensibility.
The office is developing big housing projects with both public and private command; international competition on various programs.
The intern will work closely with our project teams, partners, clients and consultants.
- knowledge in 2D drafting with AutoCAD, 3D computer graphics with 3DS or Rhino
- well experienced in technical drawing packages and specifications
- experienced with production information and construction stages
- the applicant must be fluent in English
- the applicant should also have great communication skills
The student must have an application form.
The student will be paid 436 euros per month.
Applicants should email their CV and portfolio examples of both creative and technical work, and their availability to: email@example.com.
Application deadline: March 2014
5. Design intern at Aesop
The design intern will provide design and administrative support to the Aesop Asia Pacific architectural designer. The design intern will be assigned to assist with multiple design projects. The position is a paid part-time (two to three days per week) position with an initial period of three months, based in our Hong Kong office.
- working closely with the Aesop Asia Pacific architectural designer, the candidate will provide administrative and design documentation support throughout various stages of signature store and department store projects
- whilst the core responsibilities of the role are centred around project work, the candidate is also expected to assist with general coordination of material samples, material specifications, technical enquiries, pricing evaluation and basic project analysis where required
- the candidate is expected to be technically proficient in digital modelling and 2D drafting software (Rhinoceros, AutoCAD) and graphic software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and also have a sound theoretical knowledge of design and architecture
- the candidate is expected to have a basic understanding of project management principles and the ability to apply these on a project to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the requirements to meet set project goals
- supporting international coordination on project work. Being the project contact when required to Aesop head office and reporting to the Aesop Asia Pacific architectural designer, retail development manager Asia Pacific and general manager, Asia Pacific when required
We require all applicants to send a resume with a cover letter addressing the role responsibilities as outlined.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 4 March 2014
6. Design Intern at Vimeo
Want to join a team building the best video product on the web? Vimeo is looking for a Design Intern to join our growing, passionate New York City-based team. If you enjoy watching videos, the Internet, designing stuff, and having fun with your co-workers, then this may be the internship for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist the design team in explorations on both new and existing features for the desktop and mobile versions of vimeo.com
- Create design deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, and mock ups
- Synthesize guidance and feedback into meaningful design iterations
- Embrace brand consistency in all deliverables
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Pursuing a degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, New Media, or other UX-related fields with an accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Some experience with front-end implementation of designs using HTML5, CSS3
- Well-rounded understanding of web trends, user-centered design, and strong knowledge of user experience principles
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience collaborating with a team of designers, either in school or at a job
- A tendency to roll your eyes when job descriptions use phrases like “rock star designer”, “intuitive design sensibility”, or “expert in Photoshop” since, you know, duh.
- The ability to commute to our our office in Chelsea
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as Sass or LESS
- Working knowledge of Git or other version-control systems