Every week, I am going to post about latest internship opportunities around the world as it help us advance our career and learn something new this summer. Keep checking our blog or our facebook page “66 Owls” for internship and job opportunities posted each week. Here are the top 5 internship opportunities this week in design:
1. Toy Design Intern at Hasbro-Summer 2014 Job
Toy Design Intern-Summer 2014
Location: RI – Pawtucket
Employment Type: Intern
Toy Design Summer Intern (May – August)
Help Hasbro explore new avenues in toy development. We are looking for team members who are fearless with their ideas and are looking to develop their talents. Candidates will ideate, sketch, draw and build concept models, while working in an innovative and creative environment. We offer an amazing experience to learn from some of the industrys top designers.
Candidate will interact with Design and Development staff, toy and game designers, graphic designers, model makers and other artists.
Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a degree program
Desired areas of study include: Industrial Design, Illustration, Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Fine Art
Desired software includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Solid Works, InDesign, Maya, Zbrush
Candidates must submit a link to an online portfolio to be considered for Hasbros intern program.
2. Graphic Design Internship, Disney Interactive- Summer/Fall 2014
The Graphic Design Intern will be focused on providing graphic and visual design support for presentation decks, logo creation, newsletters, and internal and external websites to members of the Central Creative team. The Graphic Designer will work closely with Lead Designers and partner with the product teams and Executives to develop media-rich communications (online and print) that generate awareness of games, clearly communicate a game’s goals, and highlight the game’s ongoing progress. Responsibilities
- Oversee the design, development, and production of presentation decks. Work with manager and Central Creative team to manage projects and see them through from concept to full execution.
- Create and assist in the creation of logos, infographics, invites, e-newsletter, posters, and other graphic assets requested throughout the department.
- Develop and refresh presentation materials, including information graphics and product one-sheets.
- Manage asset storage, cleanup and file preparation.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of department at TWDC-wide style guides.
- Assist and collaborate with Lead Designers and product teams on creating adaptive web UI design for various external-facing game websites and internal-facing tool management websites.
- Working with Lead Designers and marketing managers, create marketing assets such as digital banners and on-brand app icons and app store screens
- Help team members at every level in the department with any other design related projects. Basic Qualifications
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise in presentation design, graphic design, color and typography
- Ability to adapt easily in a fast-paced team environment and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Apple Keynote, and Microsoft Office (emphasis on PowerPoint) Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with video editing and motion graphics authoring tools a plus
- Experience with web page design and construction a plus
- Passion for video games is highly desirable
- Previous experience in a communications-related role a plus Required Education
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated (obtained within the past 6 months) with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Design, User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Communications or equivalent. Job Posting Industries Digital / Interactive Additional Information
- Fully qualified candidates must be available to work full time hours for 6 months beginning in April 2014.This Position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
3. Interaction Design Intern @ Frog Design- Amsterdam
We are looking for exceptional interns to join our creative teams. Interns are treated like full time employees in the studio and work on active programs with project teams. Internships are paid and typically run for 3 month periods.
- Currently enrolled in, or graduate of a relevant design program (either graduate or undergraduate)
- Core interaction design skill including concept sketching, interaction models, wireframing, information architecture, and flow mapping
- Experience with design research a plus
- Experience with digital design for web-based applications and other platforms/devices (mobile, PC, tablet, TV etc).
- Passion for user-centered interface design
- Comfortable with design software for wireframing and prototyping (InDesign, Illustrator, Axure, Keynote, etc)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to work both on a team and independently
- Must be able to share work samples – online portfolio preferred
4. Design Intern for Apps (m,f) @ txtr in Berlin Area, Germany
We are looking for a highly motivated full time design intern (m/f) for our apps and UX team for at least 6 months. A solid knowledge of latest design trends and mobile interface guidelines is as important as a technical understanding how these designs could be brought into exciting products for Android, iOS & Win8. You will be part of our UX and apps team where you could gain insights into the future of eReading in our Berlin Mitte startup. The ideal candidate should pay close attention to design details, has a hands-on mentality and would ideally be a great team player who will work closely with our visual designers, information architects and app devs.
- Support our design team with the creation, implementation and execution of app interfaces.
- Support the team in creative processes like brainstorming to develop a great eReading product.
- Create micro designs and pixel perfect icons.
- Define existing designs in style-guides for our apps and eReaders.
- Be familiar with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Indesign.
- Basic experience in digital interface design. Experience with web design, styleguides, icon production and asset production.
- A good knowledge of mobile technical requirements would be a nice to have.
- Fluent English or German
5. Designer Intern, 2014 at Google – Tokyo, Japan
To apply, click on Apply Now, and fill out the application form. The cover letter is not required.
Please submit your resume in English (PDF format strongly preferred).
Please apply only to one 2014 internship position of your choice.
Application deadline: 23:59 Monday, July 14, 2014 (applications will be processed on a rolling basis) Applications are due by Monday, July 14, 2014 at 11:59pm JST. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis beginning in March 2014.
We accommodate applicants residing overseas on a case-by-case basis.
Relocation support available on a case-by-case basis.
When applying, please attach a design portfolio, either of client projects or personal ones.
- Job responsibilities and intern projects are determined based on the experience, skills, and interests of the student.
- Typically within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or at any stage in your PhD.
- Design portfolio, either of client projects or personal ones.
- UX/UI experience.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3.
- Mobile/responsive design experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English. Knowledge of other Asian languages is a plus.
- Ability to innovate while following guidelines.