When most of people think about Lithuania, they just relate it to nation which was part of Russia once or part of Baltic state or one of highest highest suicide rate. So here goes the list:
1. Of all Indo-European languages, Lithuanian is considered to have changed the least over the years, and is thus valuable for the study of linguistic development.
2. Basketball is the country’s national sport, and the team is ranked one of the best worldwide. Several players have even joined the NBA.
3. Lithuania is the only country in the world with its own official scent, called the Scent of Lithuania.
4. Lithuania––yes, little Lithuania––has the fastest internet speeds in the world, as of 2011.
5. Making vodka from corn was first discovered by the Lithuanians.
6. In 14th century Lithuania was the biggest country in Europe: it included present territories of Belarus and Ukraine, part of Poland and part of Russia.
8. Lithuania is 1st in the world by the number of hot air balloons per resident. And Vilnius is one of a few European capital where you can fly with hot air balloons.
9. Lithuania owns the world record of blondes. 1016 blond girls participated in the opening of night club in Lithuania. A Lithuanian company plans to set up a holiday island in the Maldives run entirely by blondes.
10. Lithuanian laser companies were among the first in the world to transfer fundamental research into manufacture.
If i missed any do let me know 😉